I've been having fun 'doing' rather than surfing over the last couple of weeks, but here are a few things that I've found interesting and entertaining.
- After 80, some people don't retire, they reign. Pure inspiration (found on Nubby Twiglet)
- Important lesson (for me) If you want to be seen, stand up. Want to be heard, speak up. Want to be appreciated? Shut up.
- You may not need to read this today, but put away this this great advice for one of those days when you get to thinking you're not good enough
- My bookclub's been going for over 8 years and it's one of my life joys, but I'd love to get a Articles Club going. Anyone interested?
- Can too much Brene Brown ever be enough. Here Brene explains the difference between guilt and shame.
- I love watching spelling bees - cute, intense kids who can spell 'rhetorical'
- I'm an enthusiastic but unskilled photographer - I recently started doing this short program to improve my iPhone photography talents; but here's another great list of simple photography rules.
- To be honest, I'm always flattered when someone asks to pick my brain, but I know it can be draining. For those of you who do find it wearying, here's some great advice from the ever articulate, Alexandra Franzen.
- I value the honesty and humanity as much as the observations of Walter Mason. I recommend his blog to you, particularly, but not only, if you like books and writing and travel. Here's a recent favourite piece.
- The Noisli app is one of my most successful productivity tools - its a white noise type recording (I like rain and thunderstorms), which helps me blocking out distractions.
Have a wonderful weekend x